Hi,

I am quite new to the Hadoop world, previously was running hadoop-1.2.0 stable
version on my small cluster and encountered some strange problems like the
local path to the mapper  file didn't copy to the hdfs .... It works fine on
the single node setup but on multiple node simple word-count python example
didn't work...  I read on the blog that it might be the problem in the version
I am using. So I thought to change the version and downloaded the Hadoop 2.2.0.
This version has yarn together with many new features that I hope I will learn
in the future. Now simple wordcount example works without any problem on the
multi-node setup. I am using simple python example.

Now I would like to compile my C++ code. Since the directory structure together
with other things have been changed. I have started to get the following error:

----------------
/urs/bin/ld:  skipping incompatible
/home/sztoor/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadooputils.a when searching
-lhadooputils
cannot find -lhadooputils

 /urs/bin/ld:  skipping incompatible
/home/sztoor/hadoop-2.2.0/lib/native/libhadooppipes.a when searching
-lhadooppipes
cannot find -lhadooppipes
------------------

I have managed to run the c++ example successfully with the 1.2.0 version on
single node setup.

I am having 64bit Ubuntu machine. previously I was using Linux-amd64-64

Now in new version, "lib" and "include" directories are in the hadoop-2.2.0
directory. No build.xml is available...

Can someone please give me an example of a makefile based on the version 2.2.0?
Or suggest me which version I should go for? Or if there are some prerequisites
that I should do before compiling my code?

Thanks in advance.

Regards..
Salman.

Salman Toor, PhD