Hi,

Starting with YARN there is no notion of job tracker and task tracker. Here
is a quick summary
JobTracker :-
1) Resource management :- Now done by Resource Manager (it does all
scheduling work)
2) Application state management :- managing and launching new map /reduce
tasks (done by Application Master .. It is per job not one single entity in
the cluster for all jobs like MRv1).
TaskTracker :- replaced by Node Manager

I would suggest you read the YARN blog
post<http://hortonworks.com/blog/resource-localization-in-yarn-deep-dive/>.
This will answer most of your questions. Plus read
this<http://www.slideshare.net/ovjforu/yarn-way-to-share-cluster-beyond>
(slide
12) for how job actually gets executed.

Thanks,