Thanks for the reply. So what is the purpose of heap sizes for tasktrackers
and datanodes then? In other words, if I want to speed up the map/reducing
cycle, can I just minimize the heap size and maximize the
"mapred.child.java.opts?" or will the minimizing heap sizes causing out of
memory exception?