Hi.

i think i found the reason. I looked at the job.xml and found the parameter

mapred.tasktracker.expiry.interval 6000000

and

mapreduce.jobtracker.expire.trackers.interval 30000

So i tried the deprecated parameter mapred.tasktracker.expiry.interval in my
configuration and voila it works!

Why they write that the parameter is deprecated when the new one is not working
and will be overwritten by the old one
with the default value?

http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh4/cdh/4/hadoop-2.0.0-cdh4.2.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/DeprecatedProperties.html

Regards Hansi