Thanks Devin, Yong, and Chris for your replies and suggestions. I will test
the suggestions made by Yong and Devin and get back to you guys.

As on the bottlenecking issue, I agree, but  I am trying to run few MR jobs
on a traditional NAS server. I can live with a few bottlenecks, so long as
I don't have to move the data to a dedicated HDFS cluster.

<<image/png>>