Thanks, I missed the target 2.4.0 release.  For 2.2.0, is there any way to
reach the individual task container logs?
John

From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhih...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 04, 2014 10:47 AM
To: common-u...@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: YARN log access

YARN-649 is targeted at 2.4.0 release and YARN-1524 is Open.

>From the link you posted, I see:
amContainerLogs   The URL of the application master container logs

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 9:18 AM, John Lilley
<john.lil...@redpoint.net<mailto:john.lil...@redpoint.net>> wrote:
Ted,
Thanks for the pointer.  But when I read about the RESTful API:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ResourceManagerRest.html#Cluster_Application_API
I only see a method to query the AM logs, not the task container logs.  How
does one get from AppID to the list of task container logs?
Thanks
john

From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhih...@gmail.com<mailto:yuzhih...@gmail.com>]
See:

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 8:50 AM, John Lilley
<john.lil...@redpoint.net<mailto:john.lil...@redpoint.net>> wrote:
Is there a programmatic or HTTP interface for querying the logs of a YARN
application run?  Ideally I would start with the AppID, query the AppMaster
log, and then descend into the task logs.