2.0.0

The problem was I was creating a new Configuration and giving it to the Job
ctor (which I believe is demonstrated in some tutorials) whereas the correct
behavior was to retrieve the preexisting Configuration and use that instead.
This may be a distinction between writing a bare driver and one that overrides
Configured and Tool.

On Jan 17, 2014, at 09:46 , Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli wrote:

> What is the version of Hadoop that you are using?
>
> +Vinod
>
> On Jan 16, 2014, at 2:41 PM, Keith Wiley <kwi...@keithwiley.com> wrote:
>
>> My driver is implemented around Tool and so should be wrapping
>> GenericOptionsParser internally.  Nevertheless, neither -files nor
>> DistributedCache methods seem to work.  Usage on the command line is
>> straight forward, I simply add "-files foo.py,bar.py" right after the class
>> name (where those files are in the current directory I'm running hadoop
>> from, i.e., the local nonHDFS filesystem).  The mapper then inspects the
>> file list via
>> DistributedCache.getLocalCacheFiles(context.getConfiguration()) and doesn't
>> see the files, there's nothing there.  Likewise, if I attempt to run those
>> python scripts from the mapper using hadoop.util.Shell, the files obviously
>> can't be found.
>>
>> That should have worked, so I shouldn't have to rely on the DC methods, but
>> nevertheless, I tried anyway, so in the driver I create a new Configuration,
>> then call DistributedCache.addCacheFile(new URI("./foo.py"), conf), thus
>> referencing the local nonHDFS file in the current working directory.  I then
>> add conf to the job ctor, seems straight forward.  Still no dice, the mapper
>> can't see the files, they simply aren't there.
>>
>> What on Earth am I doing wrong here?
>>
>> ________________________________________________________________________________
>> Keith Wiley     kwi...@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com
>> music.keithwiley.com
>>
>> "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
>>                                          --  Yoda
>>

> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Keith Wiley     kwi...@keithwiley.com     keithwiley.com    music.keithwiley.com

"It's a fine line between meticulous and obsessive-compulsive and a slippery
rope between obsessive-compulsive and debilitatingly slow."
                                           --  Keith Wiley