Hello,
I am using apache hadoop-1.0.3 version and i want to commission a task
tracker.
For this i have included a property mapred.hosts in mapred-site.xml and for
this property i have mentioned a file. In this file i have given the IP
address of a machine..

then i ran the command   "hadoop mradmin -refreshNodes"

Now what i see, when i am trying to run the task tracker on that machine,
it is throwing me an exception that task tracker is not allowed to
communicate with the job tracker...

I have used the newer property (mapred.jobtracker.hosts.filename) even this
was not helpful and more over this property is not recognized by the job
tracker.

Please advise me how to commission a task tracker

Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810