Hi Richard,

Not sure how NPE happened on you command line, but I'd like to clarify
something here:
1. If you want to see mapreduce jobs, please use "mapred job". "hadoop job"
is deprecated. If you want to see all kinds of applications run by your
YARN cluster, please use "yarn application".

2. Job history server only shows the finished mapreduce jobs. There will be
another application history server that shows all completed applications
run by YARN, but it's not available on 2.2.

3. ResourceManager webUI is not the job history web UI. You should check
your yarn-site.xml to see what's the address of the RM webUI. It will list
all the applications that RM remembers.

- Zhijie

--
Zhijie Shen