Some of the shell scripts are now in the sbin directory. The documentation at the website that matches your version will save you a lot of grief.
Chris

On 2/23/2014 11:38 AM, Mahmood Naderan wrote:
Hello
We had an old document (I think it was hadoop 0.2) which stated these steps

To start Hadoop:
$HADOOP_HOME/bin/start-all.sh (alternatively, you can start hdfs then mapreduce by start-dfs.sh and start-mapred.sh respectively)
To stop Hadoop:
$HADOOP_HOME/bin/stop-all.sh (or stop-dfs.sh and stop-mapred.sh)

However I can not find such files in the latest release. What are the alternatives of these commands?
Regards,
Mahmood