Hi Sai,
A few questions:
1. which version of hadoop are you using? yarn.resourcemanager.hostname is
a new configuration which is not available old versions.
2. Does your yarn-site.xml contains yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address?
If yes, what's the value?
3. or you could access http://<resource_mgr>:8088/conf to check the value
of yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.address.

--
Cheers
-MJ