I am trying to setup Nutch+Hadoop from this tutorial http://bit.ly/1iluBPI
until the section "deploying nutch on multiple machines". So yes, currently I
am working with a single node.

>This could be because you re - formatted the Name Node and the

>versions
are not matching. Your Data Mode would then be rejected

>by the Name
Node.
What do you mean by version mismatch as a result of reformatting?

>can you check the namenode log and see its up and running

$ cat /data/mahmood/nutch-test/search/logs/hadoop.log
2014-04-05 08:02:05,693 ERROR namenode.NameNode - java.io.IOException: Cannot
lock storage /data/mahmood/nutch-test/filesystem/name. The directory is already
locked.

$ cat /data/mahmood/nutch-test/search/logs/hadoop-mahmood-datanode-orca.log
2014-04-05 08:01:50,787 ERROR datanode.DataNode - java.io.IOException:
Incompatible namespaceIDs in /data/mahmood/nutch-test/filesystem/data: namenode
namespaceID = 251177003; datanode namespaceID = 865186086

I don't see any namenode.log at the moment

>Use jps and check what all processes are running
$ /data/mahmood/openjdk6/build/linux-amd64/bin/jps
19563 JobTracker
19463 SecondaryNameNode
18955 NameNode
10644 Jps