Hi,

I am trying to write a Java application that works with either MR1 and MR2.  At
the present I have MR2 (YARN) implementation deployed and running.  I am using
mapred API.  I believe that I read mapred and mapreduce APIs are compatible so
either should work.  The only thing that is different is the configuration
properties that need to be specified depending on whether the back-end is MR1
or MR2. BTW: I'm using CDH 4.6 (Hadoop 2.0).

My problem is that I can't seem to submit a job to the cluster.  It always runs
locally.  I setup JobConf with appropriate properties and submit the jobs using
JobClient.  The properties that I set on JobConf are as follows:

mapreduce.jobtracker.address=host:port (I know this is for MR1, but I'm trying
everything)
mapreduce.framework.name=yarn
yarn.resourcemanager.address=host:port
yarn.resourcemanager.host=host:port

The last 2 are the same but I read 2 different ways to set it in different
conflicting documentations.

Anyway, can someone explain how to get this seemingly simple deployment to
work?  What am I missing?

Thanks!!!