Hi,

I am having an issue with conf.set and conf.get method
Driver
Configuration conf=new Configuration();
conf.set("delimiter",args[2]);       //File delimiter as user argument

Map/Reduce
Configuration conf = context.getConfiguration();
String delim = conf.get("delimiter");

All things works fine with this.I am able to get the delimiter("," ";"
.....) and process accordingly except "TAB"

If I give
1. \t as an argument it wont work any operations
   eg: will not be able to do
     1. StringTokenizer st = new StringTokenizer(value.toString,delim)
                  <but works for split>
                  <String[] parts = value.toString.split(delim);>
     2. String classLabel =
value.toString.substring(value.toString.lastIndexOf(delim)+1);

2. "\t" as argument also wont work
3. \\t and "\\t" also wont work
4. " " this WORKS FINE as an argument.

Anybody came across with this issue?
If so can any one tell me a workaround.

Regards
Unmesha

--
*Thanks & Regards *

*Unmesha Sreeveni U.B*
*Hadoop, Bigdata Developer*
*Center for Cyber Security | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham*
http://www.unmeshasreeveni.blogspot.in/