Hello,

I'm new to this mailing list, so forgive me if I don't do everything
right.

I didn't know whether I should ask on this mailing list or on
mapreduce-dev or on yarn-dev. So I'll just start there. ^^

Short story: I'm looking for some paper(s) studying the scalability
of Hadoop MapReduce. And I found this extremely difficult to find on
google scholar. Do you have something worth citing in a PhD thesis?

Long story: I'm writing my PhD thesis about MapReduce and when I talk
about Hadoop I'd like to say "how much it scales". I heared two years
ago some people say that "Yahoo! got it scale up to 4000 nodes and plan
to try on 6000 nodes" or something like that. I also heared that
YARN/MRv2 should scale better, but I don't plan to talk much about
YARN/MRv2. So I'd take anything I could cite as a reference in my
manuscript. :)

Best regards,
Sylvain Gault