Hello,

Is there a way to query the Resource Manager for configuration properties from
an external client process other than using the web interface?

Our background: We run a YARN application by running a Client on an external
machine that may access one of many remote Hadoop clusters. The configuration
properties on the Client machine are completely independent of the
configuration properties on the remote cluster.

Currently I am getting configuration properties by using HTTP to get
<Resource-Manager-WebApp-Address>/conf. However, if possible, I would prefer
some form of Hadoop interface. I have looked through YarnClient and
YarnClientApplication and I have not discovered anything that enables asking
the Resource Manager about properties.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Geoff