Hello,

I recently got "Split metadata size exceeded 10000000" error when running
Cascading jobs with very big joins.  I found that I should change
mapreduce.jobtracker.split.metainfo.maxsize property in hadoop
configuration by adding this to the mapred-site.xml file:

  <property>
    <!-- allow more space for split metadata (default is 10000000) -->
    <name>mapreduce.jobtracker.split.metainfo.maxsize</name>
    <value>1000000000</value>
  </property>

but it didn't seem to have any effect - I'm probably doing something wrong.

Where should I add this change so that is has the desired effect?  Do I
understand correctly that jobtracker restart is required after making the
change? The cluster I'm working on has Hadoop 1.0.4.

thanks for any help,
--
*Jan Warchoł*
*Software Engineer*

M: +48 509 078 203
 E: jan.warc...@codilime.com
CodiLime Sp. z o.o. - Ltd. company with its registered office in Poland,
01-167 Warsaw, ul. Zawiszy 14/97. Registered by The District Court for the
Capital City of Warsaw, XII Commercial Department of the National Court
Register. Entered into National Court Register under No. KRS 0000388871.
Tax identification number (NIP) 5272657478. Statistical number
(REGON) 142974628.