Hello,

I have given dfs.replication=2 in hdfs-site.xml as:
<property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>
    <value>2</value>
</property>

Also, In my application i have used api for wrting in hdfs:
public FSDataOutputStream create(Path f,
                                            boolean overwrite,
                                            int bufferSize,
                                            short replication,
                                            long blockSize,
                                            Progressable progress
                                            ) throws IOException {
    return this.create(f, FsPermission.getFileDefault().applyUMask(
        FsPermission.getUMask(getConf())), overwrite, bufferSize,
        replication, blockSize, progress);
  }

here i also given replication as fourth parameter.

So my question is which replication value will be used that we have given in api or in hdfs-site.xml

Warm Regards,
Satyam