You need additional settings to make ResourceManager auto-failover.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.4.1/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/ResourceManagerHA.html

JobHistoryServer does not have automatic failover feature.

Regards,
Akira

(2014/08/05 20:15), arthur.hk.c...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi

I have set up the Hadoop 2.4.1 with HDFS High Availability using the
Quorum Journal Manager.

I am verifying Automatic Failover: I manually used “kill -9” command to
disable all running Hadoop services in active node (NN-1), I can find
that the Standby node (NN-2) now becomes ACTIVE now which is good,
however, the “ResourceManager” service cannot be found in NN-2, please
advise how to make ResourceManager and JobHistoryServer auto-failover?
or do I miss some important setup? missing some settings in
hdfs-site.xml or core-site.xml?

Please help!

Regards
Arthur