Hi

We have written a MapReduce application based on Hadoop 2.4 which keeps reading
data from HDFS(Pseudo-distributed mode in one node).
And we found the CPU system time and user time of the application keeps
increasing when it is running. If we changed the application to read data from
local disk without changing any other business logic, the CPU utilization kept
stable. So we have conclusion that the CPU utilization is related to HDFS.
We want to know whether this issue is really related to HDFS and is there any
solution to fix it?

[cid:image001.png@01CFC5EE.E02C6D50]

Thanks a lot!

BR/Shiyuan