I solved it like this. This will move a file from one location to
another location.

FileStatus[] fstatus = FileSystem.listStatus(new Path(<Old HDFS directory>));
for (int i=0; i<fstatus.length; i++) {
   if (fstatus[i].isFile()) {
      if (fstatus[i].getPath().getName().substring(0,
10).matches("<some name>"))
         FileSystem.rename(new Path(<Old HDFS Directory> + "/" +
fstatus[i].getPath().getName()), new Path(<New HDFS Directory> + "/" +
fstatus[i].getPath().getName()));
   }
}

I don't think copy individual file API is available.