Hello,

as far as I understand. Number of mappers you cannot drive. The number of
reducers you can control via PARALEL keyword. Number of containers on a
node is given by following combination of settings:
yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb - set on a cluster. And following
properties can be "modified" from your script setting to a different
number, mapreduce.map.memory.mb and mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb.

Hope this helps

--
Jakub Stransky
cz.linkedin.com/in/jakubstransky