Jakub

If you are using 2.2 you have one option of limiting the number of
concurrent applications that get launched by setting a property in the
scheduler configuration. You can refer to that here :
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/CapacityScheduler.html.
Please look for yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-applications .

You will find a similar setting for fair scheduler as well, maxRunningApps (
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.2.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/FairScheduler.html
)

hth