From: Alec Taylor
Date: 2015-01-03 15:44
To: user
Subject: HDFS-based database for Big and Small data?
Want to replace MongoDB with an HDFS-based database in my architecture.

Note that this is a new system, not a rewrite of an old one.

Are there any open-source "fast" read/write database built on HDFS
with a model similar to a document-store, that can hold my regular
business logic and enables an object model in Python? (E.g.: via Data
Mapper or Active Record patterns)

Thanks for all suggestions

PS: I am using the "Big data" definition from Cloudera, i.e.: any data
which expands more than one machine