Hi Krish,

I completed an MSc project using Hadoop this summer from installation
through to programming with the Java Api and then tuning. In all I did about
14 weeks solid with limited unix, server experience and an academic
knowledge of Java skills from my Masters course. I got an A ;O)

Along the way I installed Eclipse, got Hadoop to work with it and built a
genetic sequence alignment tool. It was hard work but I had a blast. I ran
it on a 32 node cluster and got some good speedups.

I¹m also interested in developing my skills further and this BigPetStore
application seems like a good way to go. Following my course I¹m a trainee
db admin for a global investment manager using Sybase.

If you want to work on a collaborative project, I am sure I could share my
Java skills and knowledge this far if you were happy to share your knowledge
too.

Why not connect on Linked In ;O)

Regards,

Chris MacKenzie