If you are running /var/lib/hadoop/tmp dir in the / file system, you may
want to reconsider that. Disk IO will cause issues with the OS as it
attempts to use "it's" file system.

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*