Hi,

Have you tried;

$ hdfs balancer

On 02/06/2015 09:34 PM, Manoj Venkatesh wrote:
Dear Hadoop experts,

I have a Hadoop cluster of 8 nodes, 6 were added during cluster creation and 2 additional nodes were added later to increase disk and CPU capacity. What i see is that processing is shared amongst all the nodes whereas the storage is reaching capacity on the original 6 nodes whereas the newly added machines have relatively large amount of storage still unoccupied.

I was wondering if there is an automated or any way of redistributing data so that all the nodes are equally utilized. I have checked for the configuration parameter - *dfs.datanode.fsdataset.volume.choosing.policy* have options 'Round Robin' or 'Available Space', are there any other configurations which need to be reviewed.

Thanks,
Manoj

--
Regards,