You will find much information if you Google "configuring Linux page
stealing". This is actually the core of the problem with swap (and throwing
away pages of shared libraries). Or talk to your devops team about how to
avoid page stealing in systems with large memory storage footprints ...
especially as you may find java heaps in the 10-15gb are practicable with
tuning.

*.......*

*“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in apretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside
in a cloud of smoke,thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter ThompsonDaemeon C.M. ReiydelleUSA
(+1) 415.501.0198London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872*