From: Kevin [kevin.macksa...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 01:11
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Lifetime of jhist files

Hi,

I am running CDH5.1.3 with YARN. The one issue I am having is that the jhist
files are being deleted too quickly. I set
yarn.nodemanager.delete.debug-delay-sec to seven days (in seconds, of course),
but I am noticing that the job historyserver is expiring any jhist file that is
seven days old. I thought yarn.nodemanager.delete.debug-delay-sec was just to
clean up local logs on the NodeManager; I didn't think it also affected the job
history files too.

Am I right in my assumptions? Is there anyway to extend the lifetime of the job
history files?

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks,
Kevin