You can either pass them on as command line argument using -D option.
Assuming your job is implementing the standard Tool interface:
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/util/Tool.html

Or you can set them in the code using the various 'set' methods to set
key/value values in the configuration object.

Job job = Job.getInstance(getConf());
job.setJarByClass(MyJob.class);

job.getConfiguration().set("<property-name>",<value>);

Docs for Configuration class:
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/conf/Configuration.html

This will work as long as the property is not marked final

Regards,
Shahab