You can't set up a proxy ?
You probably want to avoid writing to local file system because aside from that
being slow, it limits the size of your file to the free space on your local
disc.

If you do need to go commando and go through a single client machine that can
see both clusters you probably want to pipe a get to a put.

Any kind of serious data volume pulled through a "straw" is going to be rather
slow though.

Cheers,

Joep

Sent from my iPhone