So, now that I have the .tar.gz file, how do I build hadoop?

P.S. : I don't know if this matters, but I've already installed java, ssh,
and set up the namenode. All the nodes (namenkde, secondarynamenode,
datanode....) start up successfully and I also ran a mapreduce example that
worked.

How do I proceed with building hadoop?