Guys,

How does Hive work with MAPREDUCE , can someone clarify unable to understand
this concept.

Regards,

From: Matteo Luzzi [mailto:matteo.lu...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 2:26 AM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Problems in running spark on Yarn

Hi all!
I'm developing a system where I need to run spark jobs over yarn. I'm using a
two node cluster (one master and one slave) for testing and I'm submitting the
application through oozie, but after the first application starts running (the
oozie container) the other one remains in accepted stated. I am new to yarn so
probably I am missing some concepts about how containers are requested and
assigned to the applications. It seems that I can execute only one container at
the time, even though there are still free resources. When I kill the first
running application, the other one passes to running state. I'm also using the
Fair Scheduler as according the documentation, it should avoid any starvation
problems.
I don't know if it is a problem of spark or yarn. Please come with suggestion
if you have any.

[Immagine incorporata 1]

Kiran Govind
Senior Superintendent - Maint. Planning, Power & Desalination Maintenance
UAE Operations
E  kgov...@ega.ae
D +97148021153
M +971555430816

[cid:image41a6ec.JPG@6f6b2f07.4b872e7c]
Emirates Global Aluminium
P.O. Box 3627, Dubai
United Arab Emirates

www.ega.ae

________________________________

This is an e-mail from Emirates Global Aluminium PJSC. Its contents are
confidential to the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient
be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than its
intended recipient, nor may it be copied in any way. If received in error
please e-mail a reply to the sender and delete it from your system. Although
this e-mail has been scanned for viruses, Emirates Global Aluminium cannot
ultimately accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility
to scan attachments (if any).