Hi Chetna,

All capacity scheduler queue configurations are in terms of percentage only
and not absolute (as you asked). This is done to auto-scale the queues when
new nodes are added to the cluster. Capacity scheduler enforces the
following

- Sumtotal of all allocations at any given level of queue tree must be 100.
- Applications can be schedulerd only on leaf queues.

On 17 September 2015 at 16:14, Chetna C <chetna....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Yimen,
>       I read the documentation, but I couldn't find a way to configure
> queue's in terms of resources. Documentation stated only way to configure
> in terms of %. I would like some thing like
> queue1 -> resource allocation -> 81920 mb, 20 vcores
> instead of
> queue1 -> resource allocation -> 25%.
>

> Thanks,
> Chetna Chaudhari
>
> On 17 September 2015 at 16:00, YIMEN GAEL <yimenbigd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Chetna,
>>
>> Please Kindly read the official documentation
>>
>> http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/capacity_scheduler.html
>>
>> Regards
>> Le jeu. 17 sept. 2015 à 11:54, Chetna C <chetna....@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>        Is there any way to configure capacity scheduler capacities in
>>> terms of resources, i.e x mb, y cores, z disks? I could see, this feature
>>> is available for fair scheduler.
>>>        If anyone has configured scheduler like this, please guide.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chetna Chaudhari

Laxman