From: Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 4:38 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: hadoop not using whole disk for HDFS

This is an experimental cluster and there isn’t anything I can’t lose. I ran
into some issues. I’m running the Hortonworks distro and am managing things
through Ambari.

1. I wasn’t able to set the config to /home/hdfs/data. I got an error that told
me I’m not allowed to set that config to the /home directory. So I made it
/hdfs/data.
2. When I restarted, the space available increased by a whopping 100GB.

Adaryl "Bob" Wakefield, MBA
Principal
Mass Street Analytics, LLC
913.938.6685