From: Zheng Huang <bup...@gmail.com<mailto:bup...@gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11:51 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>"
<user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: build hadoop source code errors

it work , thank you ,very happy for submitting  path . but I am a student,
don't know how to submit path , could you give me some  docs about patch of
hadoop project.
On Nov 6, 2015, at 14:03, Chris Nauroth
<cnaur...@hortonworks.com<mailto:cnaur...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

Hello Zheng,

This looks like the FINDBUGS_HOME environment variable couldn't be expanded by
Maven, likely because the environment variable is not defined.  I have mine set
to the base directory of my Findbugs 1.3.9 installation.

> echo $FINDBUGS_HOME
/Users/chris/findbugs-1.3.9

I expect setting up this environment variable, pointed to your own Findbugs
1.3.9 installation, would resolve the problem.

Perhaps this isn't documented clearly enough in the BUILDING.txt file.  We do
mention the need for Findbugs 1.3.9, but I don't see mention of needing the
FINDBUGS_HOME environment variable.  If you're interested in helping to improve
the documentation, then we'd welcome a patch on the BUILDING.txt file.

I hope this helps.

--Chris Nauroth