BTW Laxman according to the formula that you had provided it turns out that
only 8 jobs per node will be initiated which is matching with what i'm
seeing on my setup.

*min *(*yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb /
mapreduce.[map|reduce].memory.mb*,
     *yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores /
mapreduce.[map|reduce].cpu.vcores*)

*yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb: 16 GB*

*mapreduce.map.memory.mb: 2 GB*

*yarn.nodemanager.resource.cpu-vcores: 80*

*mapreduce.map.cpu.vcores: 1*
So if apply the formula then min(16/2, 80/1) -> min(8,80) -> 8

*Should i reduce memory per map operation or increase memory for resource
manager?*