Hi all,

We are running some benchmarks (in the order of 1TB of data) while enabling
CPU isolation using cgroups in YARN containers. However, we are often
hitting kernel panics in RHEL 6 with kernel 2.6.32-504.el6.x86_64. We've
tried using RHEL 7 and so far we haven't hit the same issues.

Has anyone else seen this? I found some people are experiencing similar
problems (YARN-4048), so I wonder if there's any kind of consensus about
ditching RHEL / CentOS 6 for this type of setup and just supporting v7, or
if it is possible to make it work with some tweaking.

Regards,
David Villegas.