> On 21 May 2016, at 09:34, Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 21 May 2016, at 02:15, Chris Nauroth <cnaur...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Dmitry,
>>
>> MAPREDUCE-5065 has been included in these branches for a long time.  Are
>> you certain that you passed a dfs.blocksize equal to what was used in the
>> source files?  Did all source files use the same block size?
>>

> No, I am sure that I use -D dfs.blocksize=DifferentThanSourceBlockSize (I
> want to change it during the copy).
>
> I am not sure that all source files use the same block size (there are
> thousands of them), but it is probably wrong to report error when I use
> distcp to change block size?  SInce it is well-documented way for changing
> block size.
>
> Sorry if I am missing something.

So to be clear: right now with Hadoop-2.7.2 I always get "checksum mismatch"
error when I try to distcp a file with
-Ddfs.blocksize=DifferentBlockSize

And it looks like undesired behaviour, at least some stackoverflow articles
suggest distcp as a way to change blocksize of existing file:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29604823/change-block-size-of-existing-files-in-hadoop

So probably some time ago this did not lead to error.