There are indeed many tuning points here. If the name nodes and journal
nodes can be larger, perhaps even bonding multiple 10gbyte nics, one can
easily scale. I did have one client where the file counts forced multiple
clusters. But we were able to differentiate by airframe types ... eg fixed
wing in one, rotary subsonic in another, etc.

sent from my mobile
Daemeon C.M. Reiydelle
USA 415.501.0198
London +44.0.20.8144.9872