Hi,

I'm new to Hadoop and Hive.

I'm using Hadoop 2.6.4 (binary I got from internet) & Hive 2.0.1 (binary I got
from internet).
I can create a database and table in hive.

However when I try to insert a record into a previously created table I get:
"org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.LeafQueue:
maximum-am-resource-percent is insufficient to start a single application in
queue"

yarn-site.xml
<property>
      <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler</value>
</property>

capacity-scheduler.xml
<property>
    <name>yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent</name>
    <value>1.0</value>
    <description>
      Maximum percent of resources in the cluster which can be used to run
      application masters i.e. controls number of concurrent running
      applications.
    </description>
  </property>

According to the documentation this means I have allocated 100% to my one and
only default scheduler queue.
[https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.4/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/CapacityScheduler.html]
"yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent /
yarn.scheduler.capacity.<queue-path>.maximum-am-resource-percent
Maximum percent of resources in the cluster which can be used to run
application masters - controls number of concurrent active applications.
Limits on each queue are directly proportional to their queue capacities and
user limits.
Specified as a float - ie 0.5 = 50%. Default is 10%. This can be set for all
queues with yarn.scheduler.capacity.maximum-am-resource-percent and can also be
overridden on a per queue basis by setting
yarn.scheduler.capacity.<queue-path>.maximum-am-resource-percent"

Can someone tell me how to fix this?