From: Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org<mailto:ctubb...@apache.org>>
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 12:35 PM
To: "user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>"
<user@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:user@hadoop.apache.org>>
Subject: i686 support

Hi,

Is i686 a supported arch by the upstream Hadoop developers? I'm trying to
package hadoop RPMs for Fedora (reviving somebody else's previous efforts), and
can't get things to build on i686. Is this normal? Does upstream care about
32-bit users? What about release testing on i686?

I normally wouldn't care about 32-bit, but Fedora packaging standards encourage
me to get it to work for all core architectures supported by Fedora.

Has anybody else done any 32-bit packaging that could help me troubleshoot? I
don't even own 32-bit hardware. (Even better if you want to help co-maintain
Hadoop in Fedora.. that would be awesome).