From: David Morel [dmo...@amakuru.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 2:33 PM
To: Benjamin Ross
Cc: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question regarding WebHDFS security

Le 5 juil. 2016 7:42 PM, "Benjamin Ross"

> All,
> We're planning the rollout of kerberizing our hadoop cluster.  The issue is
> that we have several single tenant services that rely on contacting the HDFS
> cluster over WebHDFS without credentials.  So, the concern is that once we
> kerberize the cluster, we will no longer be able to access it without
> credentials from these single-tenant systems, which results in a painful
> upgrade dependency.
>
> Any suggestions for dealing with this problem in a simple way?
>
> If not, any suggestion for a better forum to ask this question?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ben

It's usually not super-hard to wrap your http calls with a module that handles
Kerberos, depending on what language you use. For instance
https://metacpan.org/pod/Net::Hadoop::WebHDFS::LWP does this.

David

Click here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/MZbqvYs5QwJvpeaetUwhCQ==> to report
this email as spam.