Welcome to the community Richard!

I suspect Hadoop can be more useful than just splitting and stitching back
data. Depending on your use cases, it may come in handy to manage your
machines, restart failed tasks, scheduling work when data becomes available
etc. I wouldn't necessarily count it out. I'm sorry I am not familiar with
celery, so I can't provide a direct comparison. Also, in the non-rare
chance that your input data grows, you wouldn't have to rewrite your
infrastructure code if you wrote your Hadoop code properly.

HTH
Ravi