Would something like this be useful as a starting point?
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/tree/trunk/dev-support/docker (this is
checked into apache/trunk)

The DockerContainerExecutor was an alpha feature that didn't really get
much traction and is not what you think it is. (If configured on the
cluster, it enables users to launch yarn applications that spawn docker
containers for tasks).