I know that it is not possible to suspend and resume mapreduce job, but I
really need to find a workaround. I have looked to the ChainedJobs and to
the CapacityScheduler, but I am really clueless on what to do.

The main goal was to suspend a job when the map tasks finish and the reduce
tasks start. I know that this is not possible, so I have created to jobs.
One that execute all the map tasks (Job 1), and another job that execute
all the reduce tasks (Job 2). Since I can't start a job with just running
reduce tasks, it was necessary to add an identity mapper before running the
reducers. So in the end, I have Job 1 that just executes all map tasks, and
job 2 that executes the identity mappers and the reduce tasks. But this
really kills performance. I wish I could find a way to obtain better
performance. I have thought in doing pipe of the output of Job 1 to Job 2,
but in the end I really need to stop the execution between these 2 jobs.

I have looked to the ChainedJobs and CapacityScheduler classes to see if I
could implement a way to suspend and resume a job, but I didn't do nothing
successfully. Any idea to emulate a way to suspend a job?

Sorry to say this, but I am really desperate in finding a solution.

Thanks,