Have you considered trying to use Tez with a 3-vertex DAG instead of trying to
change the MR framework? i.e. A->B, A->C, B->C where A is the original map, C
is the reducer and B being the verification stage I assume and C is configured
to not start doing any work until B’s verification completes? The above may or
may not fit your requirements. Feel free to drop any questions you have to the
user@tez mailing list if you think about going down this path.

thanks
— Hitesh