Hi,
I'm not an expert in Hadoop KMS. But as far as I know Hadoop KMS itself
does not rely on particular hardware for the purpose.
The Hadoop KMS implementation is based on Java Provider API
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/security/Provider.html

It looks like though there is ongoing effort to add HSM into Apache Ranger.