All,
I'm in the process of configuring our system for hadoop encryption.  We're
nearly complete - one of the last issues is that we have a build user that
needs to decrypt data to read it from hdfs.  The issue is that the build user
is an Active Directory user, so the username is DOMAIN\build, rather than just
build.  I can't add this username to ranger because the ranger UI doesn't allow
adding the \ character.

Ideally I would like all users to be able to encrypt and decrypt data from
hdfs.  It just would make our lives a lot easier - it's explicitly what we want.

Is there any way to do this?  Alternatively, is there any way to add the user
DOMAIN\build to ranger?

Worst case scenario, I can just modify the test to set HADOOP_USER_NAME to be
build, but I'd prefer not to do that.

Thanks in advance,
Ben