We have 4 nodes and 4 large (~30GB each tasks), additionally we have about
25 small (~2 GB each) tasks. All tasks can possibly be started in random
order.
On each node we have 50GB for yarn. So in case we start all 4 large tasks
at the beginning the are correctly scheduled to all 4 nodes.
But in case we first start all short tasks they all go to the first cluster
node and there is no free capacity on it. Then we try to start 4 large
tasks but we only have resources from remaining 3 nodes available and
cannot start one of the large tasks.

BR,
Rafal.